Gundam 00 Exia Avalanche Bandai HG

Just finished building the HG 1/144 Exia Avalanche from the Gundam 00 series.

This model is one of the more complex HG kits that I have built so far and consists of over 170+ parts (excluding polycaps).

It is, without a doubt, one badass looking mobile suit with lots of armor pieces that adds to its bulk.

The way that the beam saber hilts & swords stick out of its back looks reminiscent of the NU Gundam's fin funnels.

Color separation is pretty good and the kits comes with a generous set of stickers to help make up for some color inaccuracies.

This is an important aspect for me as I am currently unable to spare the time to paint my Gundam models.

Articulation is decent considering the bulk of the model. The GN sword can be stowed away on the back with the rest of the the weapons.

The model does come with a bonus shield but it is missing the polycap that is required to construct the shield. I went through the leftover polycaps from my other kits and could not find the exact type that is required. In the end, I took one that was slightly larger and proceeded to cut the polycap down to the correct size.

The platforms for the feet can be folded back as depicted in the image.

Will be displaying it in this mode as it saves me some lateral space in my already congested display case.

The back of the model has a lot going on with all the weapons sticking out. Always a good thing for giant robots!

In my opinion, the kits from the 00 series seem to have many more parts and is more complex in design as compared to the newer Gundam Age models.

The plastic quality is however slightly inferior to the newer kits. However, this can be compensated with more knife work and sanding to prepare the parts.

Overall, the HG Exia Avalanche is a really nice model and was a fun one to build.

I would gladly recommend it to all Exia fans.

Leave a Reply